Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No, I don't think that's right.


My love and I were driving to Boston not long ago. En route, we passed a couple of beautiful windmills. It did not appear to be very windy but the turbines were nonetheless turning. He wondered aloud how they worked, muttering something about how they much run off saved energy. I told him thatno, in fact they are powered by the wind and they accumulate energy that goes to power other things. He took in this information, savored it and then replied, "No, I don't think that's right."
I, who used to work for a group of non-profit public interest advocacy groups, many of whom worked and still work specifically on renewable energy, tried to explain further the basic idea of renewable wind energy. He continued to mull it over and said he would have to look into it himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment